Rainbow Mountain 2 Days 1 Night.
Rainbow mountain Peru
Travel to the amazing Rainbow Mountain Peru a multicolored peak set among equally colorful hillsides and boarderd by steep snowcapped peaks.
This is an adventurous overnight trip, with comfort camping under the starry skys of the southern hemisphere. We`ll visit remote villages and share the trail with curious alpacas along the way!
As with all WAA Expeditions Machupicchu, this itinerary can be customized or combined with tours in Cusco and beyond.
Please contact us for custom itineraries, quotes and questions.
South Valley & Illapampa DAY 1:
Early morning departure for the province of Quispicanchis, home to magnificent Ausangate, the Rainbow Mountain of Peru, and countless other natural wonders. Along the way we`ll stop at two beautifully restored colonial churches and scenic lookouts. We`ll arrive at our trek departure point midday, and break for a tasty picnic lunch before setting out for our campsite for the night, Illapampa.
Our hike begins with a moderate ascent, then continues through gently sloping meadows filled with grazing alpacas and llamas. We`ll camp for the night near the traditional home of an alpaca farming family, and speak with them a bit about their lifestyle and land.
Enjoy a freshly prepared dinner prepared by our cook using local ingredients, then settle into your comfy tent for the evening, or sip a hot drink and enjoy the incredibly starry sky above. Meals: L, D
Illapampa-Rainbow Mountain Peru-Cusco DAY 2:
After a hearty breakfast, set out on for Peru`s Rainbow Mountian! Ascened through dark red mountains, with views of snowy peaks in the close distance. After 1.5-2 hours we`ll arrive at Vinicunca pass, directly facing the colorful mountain.
Enjoy time to explore on your own, take photos and enjoy incredible views of the Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Ausangate, and multiple other peaks that dominate the area. After a break for lunch, we`ll begin the return hike, arriving at your Cusco hotel in the early evening. Meals: B, L
- Professional and experienced English-speaking guide.
- Cook and meals while trekking
- Mules and muleteers to carry equipment, supplies, and items.
- Private transportation from your Cusco hotel to the trek departure point and back
- All required equipment, including camping, dining and bathroom tents, air mattress, sleeping bag with fleece liner and solar lantern for your tent
- International & domestic flights.
- Traveler`s insurance.
- Discretionary expenses such as gratuities, snacks, alchoholic beverages, etc.
- Some meals
We Recommend Bringing
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Extra money, minimum 250.00 soles (USD $80.00)
- Walking sticks