Basic Manu 4 Days - 3 Nights
Day 01: Cusco - Pilcopata.
We leave the city of Cusco very early by bus in the direction of the village of Acjanaco , on the journey we will pass through Andean mountains, beautiful landscapes, rural communities such Paucartambo and Ninamarca, there you can admire the ancestral tombs still intact known as chullpas which belong to the pre-inca culture “lupacas”.
Following with the journey will pass by the village called Acjanaco , entrance to the NATIONAL PARK MANU, where we will descend to the leafy cloudy forest, which lodges a big variety of flora and wild fauna.
From here we walk within the cloud forest in order to assess the national bird of Peru, the colorful Cock of the Rock (also see among the trees toucans, trogons, quetzales, monkeys and, with luck the spectacled bear of South America), after take delight in the beauty of the forest we will continue our trek to reach the valley of Pilcopata where we will spend the first night.
Day 02: Pilcopata – Tropical hostel.
Early in the morning we will begin our adventure by walking through the amazon forest, we will have the opportunity to visit local agricultural plantations as coca, pineapple, cassava, and other niche products.
While we walk towards the tourist port “Atalaya” we will observe a big variety local exotic birds, and later embark in a engine boat to begin our passage across the river Madre de Dios. Afterwards return to our lodge.
Day 03: Tropical hostel – Colpa of Parrots.
Very early in the morning at the first light of the day, we will go to the colpa (a wall of clay with a high content of mineral salts) of parrots, Here we will place in a suitable platform to await the hundreds parrots and noisy parakeets arrival that comes in order to eat clay and complete their final diet.
After this fantastic show, we continue our journey to visit the important lagoon Machuwasi where it is concentrated a great variety of birds, hawks, ducks, oropendolas, etc. and with luck we will see the anaconda or boa; in the afternoon we will enjoy the tropical waters (swimming and fishing) in the night overnight accommodation in the hostel, our last night in the rainforest of Manu.
Day 04: Tropical hostel – Cusco.
Early in the morning after breakfast, return to the city of Cusco.
- Professional Guide (english and spanish).
- Bus transport and private boat with safety equipment.
- Entrance fee to the hideaway for the cock of the rock.
- Entrance fee to the hideaway colpa of parrots.
- Entrance fee to the white lake.
- Shelters and tents camp with complete equipment for overnight.
- First aid kit.
- Complete food included (breakfast, lunch and dinner with option vegetarian).
- Long boots rubber and involvement.
- work paper and a list of plants and animals.
- Drinks and extra expenses.
We Recommend Bringing
- Personal documents (passport).
- Light clothes shirts of cotton long sleeve.
- Sleeping bag.
- Insect repellent.
- Bottle and tablets to purify water.
- Waterproof clothing.
- Long pants.
- Short pants.
- Rain clothing.
- Slippers or sandals to relax the feet in the camp.
- A cap or hat.
- Good binoculars .
- Portable knife.
- Personal equipment.
- Certificate of vaccination against yellow fever (essential).
- Put your clothes in plastic bags.