Inca Trail 2D-1N
Rainbow Mountain Trips
Tours In Inca Trail 2D-1N
- Duration: 2 Days & 1 Night.
- Scheduled departures, please contact us.
Day 1:Cusco - Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes.
Early morning we pick you up from your hotel and drive to the train station to board the train that will take us to km.104 on the Cusco - Inca Trail railroad (starting point of the hike), where we arrive at around 10:00 am. We start visiting the Chachabamba archaeological complex (2150m/7052ft), located very close to the control point, to then embark upon an 8 km (5 miles) ascending trail, which after four hours takes us to the archaeological complex of Wiñaywayna (2650m/8692ft).
This is an impressive complex made up of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious sector and an urban sector. On the way up we may enjoy magnificent views of the Urubamba River valley and the Choquesuysuy archaeological complex located on the other side of the river, and also of a beautiful waterfall located just a few minutes away from Wiñaywayna. We then continue and climb to Intipunku, or The Sun Gate.
This will take an hour of hiking along a trail of flat stones on the edges of cliffs in highland jungle. From this fabulous spot, we may contemplate the sacred citadel of Inca Trail. From Intipunku we descend to Inca Trail and then by bus to Aguas Calientes. We are then accommodated at the selected hotel/hostel.
- Total distance: 13 km (8,08 miles).
- Estimated time: 6-7 hours.
- Maximum altitude point: 2,650 m (8,692 ft).
- Campsite altitude: 2,400 m (7,872 ft).
Day 2:Aguas Calientes - Cusco / Sacred Valley.
We wake up early and board a bus to Inca Trail where we begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will take approximately two hours.
You will then have free time to walk around, climb up the Huaynapicchu Mountain, where one can experience spectacular views of all of Inca Trail, the valleys and mountains that surround it (please note that there are only 400 visitors allowed per day), or visit the Temple of the Moon or the impressive Inca Bridge.
In the afternoon, we meet in the town of Aguas Calientes where, if you like, you can visit and relax in its hot springs. From here we take the train back to Cusco or the Sacred Valley, where we arrive after nightfall.
- * Departure and arrival times are approximated.
- Transfer: Cusco – Inca trail.
- Entrance fee: Inca trail and Machu Picchu.
- Camping Equipment: dining tent, shops double, dining room (chairs, tables) shop kitchen
- Meals during the trek.
- Mule and Muleteers to move camping equipment, food and the luggage of the passenger.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- Professional Guide.
- Train ticket: Aguas Calientes - Cusco.
- Transfer train station - hotel Cusco.
- Sleeping bag.