Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 Days - 1 Night.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek
Cusco – Tambomachay – Huchuy Qosqo..
Very early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel, in order to lead in our bus to the archaeological complex of Tambomachay (3.700 m.a.s.l.), where we are going to start our trek. During our tour we will see beautiful natural landscapes, some Andean communities and the Qoricocha lake (, which in Quechua means "lagoon of gold.
Then we will come to the community of Pumamarca (3.980 m.a.s.l. ), here we can appreciate the sacred valley of the Incas. We continue our trek in ascending order until Leon Punku, in this place may be seen mysterious rock formations. And finally we will arrive to the archaeological complex of Huchuy Qosqo located 3.450 m.a.s.l. in this place we will camp.
- Approximate walk time: 6-7 hours.
- Route distance: 14 km.
- Meals: Lunch, dinner, coca tea.
- Maximum altitude: 3,900 m.a.s.l. (community Pumamarca).
Day 02: Huchuy Qosqo - Ollantaytambo – Aguas calientes.
After breakfast, we will visit the archaeological complex of Huchuy Qosqo, right away you will have a free time to take photos and explore the place on your own account, and then start our trek that lasts approximately 2 hours. then we will have lunch and a short rest. In the afternoon we will continue toward Ollantaytambo, where we will board our train in the direction of the town of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu) where we will stay overnight at the hotel.
- Approximate walk time: 2-3 hours.
- Route distance: 8 km.
- Meals: breakfast, Lunch, dinner.
Day 03: Machu Picchu - return to Cusco.
Very early in the morning, immediately after breakfast, we will go to the bus station, where we will take our bus to the great Inca city of Machu Picchu.
The guided tour lasts approximately 2 hours visiting all the sectors that this city has, the agricultural sector, full of platforms and barns from the Inca time, also visit the religious sector and its various temples dedicated to their deities more important, and the urban sector, with its countless enclosures Incas.
Visit all the sectors that this city has, the agricultural sector, full of platforms and barns from the Inca time, also visit the religious sector and its various temples dedicated to their deities more important, and the urban sector, with its countless enclosures Incas. Following this guidance you will have some free time to explore the city on your own and take all the pictures you want.
After an extensive tour in the city of Machu Picchu, we'll come back to the town of Aguas calientes where we will have our respective lunch, and in the afternoon we will board the train back to the city of Cusco.
- Transfer from the Hotel - Tambomachay (starting point of the walk).
- Tourist transport.
- Teams of camp, dining tent, shop kitchen, etc.
- Professional Guide.
- Team of horsemen, horses for the team's camp.
- First aid equipment.
- Ball of oxygen.
- Entrance tickets to Huchuy Qosqo.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Accommodation in Aguas calientes.
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners.
- Train tickets Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes / Aguas calientes - Cusco.
- Sleeping bag..
- First breakfasts and last dinners.
We Recommend Bringing
- Personal documents (passport).
- Walking stick.
- Walking shoes.
- Sleeping bag.
- Insect repellent.
- Toilet paper.
- Bottle and tablets to purify water.
- Waterproof clothing.
- long pants.
- Short pants.
- Rain clothing.
- Slippers or sandals to relax the feet in the camp.
- A cap or hat.
- Personal medications.