Choquequirao Trek 4 Days - 3 Nights.
Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu
- Group Service Duration: 4 Days - 3 Nights.
- Departures: Daily, all year.
- Private Service Group Size: Depends on the client.
- Departures: Daily, all year
Day 01: Cusco – Cachora – Rosalina.
Early in the morning we will pick you up from the hotel to go to Cachora located 3,400 meters above sea level, here we will meet with the entire team that will be with us during the journey to Choquequirao. In this first part of the trip we will begin our trek by Andean landscapes until arrive to Mirador Capuliyoq (2.900 m.a.s.l. ), from this viewpoint we can appreciate somewhat distant the Inca city of Choquequirao, also the impressive view of all the snow-capped peaks of the Cordillera Vilcabamba. We will continue our trip in descending form to come to our first camp at “Playa Rosalina”(1.500 m.a.s.l. ).
- Time walk approximately: 7 - 8 hours .
- Trip distance: 18 kilometers ( 11 miles).
- Meals: Breakfast Lunch, dinner, coca tea.
- Maximum altitude: 2.900 m.a.s.l. (Mirador Capuliyoq).
Day 03: Choquequirao – Chiquisqa.
Early in the morning after breakfast, we will have our guided tour of Choquequirao, ancient Inca refuge. After a tour of the main sectors of this impressive Inca city, we go back to the town of Chiquisqa, a place of our third camp.
The tour in this third day is lighter, since we will walk the same route of the previous day but this time of return and in descending order.
- Time walk approximately: 5 - 6 hours.
- Trip distance: 14 kilometers ( 8.6 miles).
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, coca tea.
Day 04: Chiquisqa – Cachora – Cusco.
Early in the morning we will return to Cachora, where our first day trek began, and also there will be waiting our mobility to return to the city of Cusco.
- Time walk approximately: 5 - 6 hours .
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Bus private until the start of the walk (Cachora).
- Entrance to Choquequirao.
- Professional Guide during the tour.
- Meals during the tour to Choquequirao.
- Team of camp (tents, kitchen, dining room, chairs, tables).
- First-aid kit.
- Emergency oxygen.
- Cook responsible for the preparation of food.
- Horsemen and horses responsible for the transportation of equipment.
We Recommend Bringing
- Personal documents (passport).
- Walking stick.
- Walking shoes.
- Sleeping bag.
- Insect repellent.
- Toilet paper.
- Bottle and tablets to purify water.
- Waterproof clothing.
- long pants.
- Short pants.
- Rain clothing.
- Slippers or sandals to relax the feet in the camp.
- A cap or hat.
- Personal medications.